At Mombasa Cement Limited, we recognize our social responsibilities as a corporate citizen. In this regard we provide limited financial and material support to projects within those areas we operate. We are also determined to contribute to the development of manpower needs.
We manage a number of projects in relation to youth development and children’s of tender age by involving them in games and tournaments that foster their mental development and embark on generous donations for education of children by assisting their school fees which keep them away from drugs and other mischief.
Health and Safety are also absolute priorities for the company with implementation of stringent safety policy for our employees and subcontractors.
Mombasa Cement Limited prides itself in being the safest company in its sector and has achieved significant reduction in both the frequency and the gravity of work –related accidents due to its strong Health and Safety Management System which defines the minimum safety levels required for all employees.
All Mombasa Cement Limited employees are committed to respecting certain rules to ensure the greatest levels of health and Safety within the company.
We have an unwavering commitment to our social responsibility program; it’s good for business, and we know it’s the right thing to do.
Robert J. Fisher
workers welfare & safety
To achieve a zero fatal accident level and keep lost time injuries to minimum, Mombasa Cement Limited:
- Informs its employees and subcontractors about risks related to their activities and provide appropriate training.
- Supervises the systematic application of safety standards.
- Implements procedure for reporting incidents and undertakes regular audits to minimize them.
- Identifies and communicates best practices and drives their adoption across all work sites
- Undertaking road safety campaigns for the overall safety of the employees.