Kenya Autocross Championship heads to Mombasa
- June 19, 2018
- Posted by: Mombasa Cement
- Category: Mombasa Cement
The stage is set for the Mombasa Motor Club (MMC) round of the KCB Kenya National Autocross Championship this Sunday.
The event will bring together top MMC drivers with quite a good chunk coming from Nairobi and upcountry.
“The paperwork is set and it’s all systems go. The loop is 2.5 kilometers and we expect some good action. It’s indeed a flat-out dash. The club has done a lot of work and spectators are welcome to the event,” said Club chairman Roy Mackenzie.
4WD Turbo leader Rehan Shah will take on Lovejyot Singh (Subaru N10) and the Subaru MMC duo of Ammar “Bushy” Haq and Naushad Kara Lota of Lota Motorsports who leads the Club series. Also in the 4WD T mix is Paras Pandya
Pandya is spoilt for choice whether to enter his Evolution or GC8 but whatever is up the sleeves of the drivers will be known this Sunday.
The event will also double up as a round of the 2018 Mombasa Cement sponsored MMC Clubman championship series.
Naushad who has won the last two rounds of the series leads the MMC log.
Izmir Racing will be represented by Lovejyot Singh in 4WD Turbo , Shaz Ismail in 2WD Turbo and the Mughal siblings Shailen in Open Class and Sarry in 2WD Non Turbo Class.
Kiana Rajput (6) who does karting will be making her debut in Mombasa in pee wee class driving a Polaris. Her brother Yuvraj Rajput is leading the bambino class and will be seeking to extend his championship lead at sea level.Yuvraj’s dad Kirit is lying second in open class behind Alfir Khan.
Entries so far:
1. Naushad Kara(Subaru Crossbreed)
2. Ammar ‘Bushy’ Haq (Subaru N10)
3. Lovejyot Singh (Subaru N10)
4. Rehan Shah (Mitsubishi Evolution X)
5. Paras Pandya (TBA)
6. Amit Vaja – Subaru N12
1. Alfir Khan
2. Shalien Mughal (Subaru buggy)
2WD Non Turbo
1. Sahir Sarry Mughal (Polaris XP900-Izmir Racing)
2. Hamza Anwar
3. Samir Nanji
4. Akbar Khan Nissan Bluebird
1. Shaz Esmail ( buggy-Izmir Racing)
2. Kunal Patel(buggy)
3. Imran Hakada (buggy)
4. Ali Mirza ( Buggy-Coast Pekee)
5. Inderjeet Puee ( Buggy -Team Nanak Engineering)
1. Illiyun Mughal ( Magibug-Izmir Racing)
2. Yuvraj Rajput (Magibug)
1. Kiana Rajput (makes her debut in peewee class in a Polaris)